Journal of an Artist Residency / Miles to date 4,171/ Primary Carbon Footprint to date 1,139 kg = 1.139 tonnes

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

A Bad Day

Expenses 71 printer cartridges 120 vinyl lettering for Space Shuttle, 14 paint and masking tape.

Today was a really bad day in the residency, absoloutely the low point.

This is what my week looked like;

The Space Shuttle is being moved from Nenagh to Tipperary tomorrow, and I was informed today that the County Council will extend their insurance to cover the Space Shuttle while it is in situ but that the owners of the Shuttle (in this case the Ground Up Artists' Collective) must insure the structure and that I must also indemnify the council with my own insurance. The suggestion was that 'I should have known' that would be the case. While this would have caused me some considerable ire in May when I asked the Arts Office to look into the question of insurance, coming the day before it moves to Silvermines, after it has already been delayed for 2 months as a result of the planning requirement I find it totally unacceptable.

No comments: