Journal of an Artist Residency / Miles to date 4,171/ Primary Carbon Footprint to date 1,139 kg = 1.139 tonnes

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Radio Interview

Miles 140
Carbon Footprint 37 kg
Expenses food 9 euro

Artzone, the Arts programme on RTE Lyric FM contacted me to say they were interested in doing a piece on the project. I arranged to meet the interviewer in Silvermines today to coincide with the Public Meeting in the evening regarding the Youth Art project.

I found his questions quite oblique - I mean I would start answering them but find that I was going round and round without being sure what I had been asked. So, I suspect that I am going to sound like a prize waffler. In particular I got really brain-dead around the question 'where is the art in this project' even though it was actually my own question!!!! and also on how this kind of relational work can be critiqued.

It's really clear to me that the Imaginary Museum is the encounter stage of the project; while that would count for something within the realm of relational aesthetics but that's not sufficient for me. Although the project is continuously evolving I suspect that the real art aspect will be in the publication.

In the evening Clive and Sally came for a public meeting regarding the Youth Art project. I expected parents - at least a few, but what we got were 11 kids, not all within the 10 - 16 age group. It was a fairly boisterous affair, but 8 kids took forms away with them so we will see who comes back to register.

Got home at 10.30.

No comments: