Journal of an Artist Residency / Miles to date 4,171/ Primary Carbon Footprint to date 1,139 kg = 1.139 tonnes

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

silvermines - the groundwork

April 24th

Denis O' Sullivan asked me to do a live interview on the Arts Show of Tipp FM this evening to discuss the project. I agreed reluctantly - alone with children this evening, and 7-8 is about the noisiest time of the day when they are both tired and fight like cat and dog.

I tried to go into the garden to speak, but the phone kept acting up. One of the children stepped on a penguin christmas decoration, which then played Jingle Bells continuously throughout the interview, and they fought over a bicycle which caused the dog to start barking furiously.

The longest three minutes of my life. I have no idea what I said as my concentration was entirely on trying to stay out of range of the noise.

Anyway, just finished putting together a programme called Imagining Silvermines to start the project off in the National School. It's a way of introducing psychogeography to the project, creating maps based on experience rather than topography or infrastructure.

I also put together a short presentation for the talk tomorrow night; just a few slides - don't want to bore them. It's about listening to their ideas and answering their questions.



No comments: