Journal of an Artist Residency / Miles to date 4,171/ Primary Carbon Footprint to date 1,139 kg = 1.139 tonnes

Friday, May 25, 2007

Do not be misled

Miles 185
Carbon Footprint 52kg
Food 18 euro
Materials 62


I had to stop outside Thurles and photograph this - it was actually an election campaign tool, not mentioning any names but I wish I had thought of it.

In the morning I gave a presentation on my work to the artist training day in the Tipp Institute organised by North and South Tipp. Co. Councils. There were about 20 artists there, mostly older artists, which I had not expected. I think it went reasonably well, the questions at the end were very engaged and seemed to really get where I was coming from in terms of practicing.

I rushed into Nenagh to pick up the key for the Space Shuttle which arrived on Monday.




Then out to Silvermines to carry out the first session of the schools programme. I probably inundated them with a little too much information, but we'll see - they were all very enthusiastic and it was great fun.

I am finding it hard to be enthusiastic about the project at the moment, because I really want to do some artwork, and it's really hard to do it, both because of the other demands of the residency and also for lack of a space in which to work.

I'm feeling really frustrated artistically at the moment.

No comments: